Thermal Infrared Imaging discovers water intrusion
Thermal Infrared Imaging discovers water intrusion.
An Infrared camera is a cutting edge tool that detects water intrusion, & minute differences in temperature. This cutting edge technology is not only used for water intrusion, but in insulation inspections and electrical inspections.
The picture above is where water intrusion is occurring at the roof line. This picture is taken and was added to the report. Without the Thermal Infrared Camera this area would have NOT been detected, because no obvious damage was present.
Do you think this circuit breaker was a little warm? Notice the right side where the red is located. This was the circuitry to a pool heater and was very close to overheating. This was noted and an electrician was called immediately so that no further damage occurred.
Tools and technology cannot be ignored. Inspectors with the clipboard, pencil, screwdriver and outlet tester are what gives the home inspection industry a bad name. Home Inspections are our business, this is not a part time job, a post retirement way to pick up a few bucks or a fast way to make a dollar. This is the profession we have chosen and one that WE set the standards in.
- Moisture Detection in Walls and Ceilings – As demonstrated above, thermal imaging is a great tool that helps to identify water damage in walls, floors, and ceilings. By detecting the difference in temperature between a wet area and the surrounding dry areas, thermal imaging can help detect moisture issues that would not be visible.
- Electrical Inspections – Improper electrical connections can cause power outages and possible fires. We inspect the electrical panels and receptacles to identify issues. Thermal imaging can detect hot spots in the electrical system not visible to the naked eye.
- Wood Destroying Insects – Significant wood destroying insect activity can be detected using this technology due to the heat generated by active infestations.
- Roof Inspections – Thermal imaging can be used to detect the location of the leak so that repairs can be made. It can also determine when a home has not been properly insulated.
- Plumbing Inspections – Water leaks from the plumbing system often are undetected until damage has occurred. Thermal imaging can detect temperature changes in the plumbing system not visible to the naked eye which may be a precursor to a larger issue.
Please Call 239-481-3977
Posted on October 1, 2013, in Inspections and tagged Bonita Springs Inspector, Cape Coral Inspector, Comprehensive Building Consultants, Estero Inspector, Fort Myers Inspector, Inspections, Inspector Gadget, Moisture Detection, Property Guiding, Russ Hensel, SWFL Real Estate, Thermal Infrared, Water Intrusion. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.