Why all real estate titles should be insured…
7 Reasons Why all real estate titles should be insured!
2. A judgment or levy upon which the title is dependent may be void or voidable on account of some defect in the proceedings.
3. A fire destroys only the house and improvements. The ground is left. A defective title may take away not only the house but the land on which it stands. Title insurance protects you against such loss.
4. Most lawyers, in giving an opinion on a title, protect their clients as well as themselves, by procuring title insurance.
5. If your title is ever defeated, title insurance reimburses you for the amount of your loss.
6. Claims constantly arise due to marital status and validity of divorces. Only title insurance protects against these claims of supposedly non-existent or divorced “wives” or “husbands”.
7. A deed or a mortgage may have been made by a person other than the owner, but with the same name as the owner.
Title Junction is a full service real estate title company serving the area of Fort Myers, Cape Coral and the entire state of Florida since 2005. The company handles a number of real estate title services for both commercial and residential properties. Employees of Title Junction can also act as a witness in courtesy closings as well as an escrow agent or a notary public. Please contact Jennifer Ferri of Title Junction, LLC for further information @ 239-415-6574 or www.title-junction.com.
Posted on December 21, 2012, in Title and tagged Attorney, Deed, Defect, Defense in Court, Fort Myers, Jennifer Ferri, Judgment, Lawyer, Levy, Mortgage, Property Guiding, SWFL Real Estate, Title Insurance, Title Junction, Title Work. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.